Is it wrong if I am a pro-Hindutva Indian?

Toshita Chauhan
Toshita Chauhan, भारतीय।
No ofcourse not!! If Muslims and Christians can be proud of their religion then why can't a Hindu?
Off lately, showing oneself less of our own religion and more inclined towards the other religions, makes us seem secular. But is that needed? I won't go into the details of riots and issues related to it, but simply would like to state that there's no shame in calling oneself a Pro Hindutva Indian.
If you've ever observed, we've always been open and respectful to all other religions and yet, we've always been exploited - no explanations needed here I guess.
  • A Muslim man proudly wears his skull cap/ Abaya,
  • A Muslim woman proudly wears a Hijab
  • A Sikh proudly wears his turban
  • A Christian regularly visits churches and Pro actively takes part in their religious ceremonies
Then why do we shy away in addressing our own religion? You're indeed blessed to be one. I certainly don't have any issues in claiming that yes I'm a Pro Hindutva IndianI may be branded as a communal because of my views,but hey, I'm a Hindu and I'm proud of it. I need not visit churches, gurudwara or dargah to prove myself secular. Why should I? I respect these religions whole heartedly, so isn't that enough? Respect all religions,but never forget yours.
We have, from the very beginning kept our arms open for every religion and shall continue to do so. But in the process we shouldn't forget our own religion and its significance.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Has anyone really seen or experienced Lord Shiva?

In which country are Indians respected the most?

Epics of India: Where was america and other countries when Ramayana and Mahabharata was happening in India?